New Website : New Features : Read More here
Welcome to the all new Soundpond.net website!
Please note, this new site is a work-in-progress. With so much coming up this summer we have elected to push out this much cleaner layout, with a much faster article posting back-end, and work on the features.
Front End – Completed features
- Content focussed layout.
- Top banner hidden if not used, vastly increasing area for content.
- Feature article tiles increased to 4, up from 3.
- First-page load now shows 7 articles, up from 3.
- Schedule hidden entirely, now accessed with a drop-down (button top right)
- Social media streamlined and now includes live twitter feed, which is controlled by the studio dj’s.
- Scrolling down now provides access to 6 more articles, with infinite scrolling (up from ZERO).
- Articles now load in a frame, without interrupting the stream or chat. Previously the blog was hosted separately and required opening a new window.
- Any article linked externally will load that article in a frame, but still loads the video and chat. ALL visitors to Soundpond articles will now be exposed to the currently live show, every time.
- Browsing back to the home screen does not interrupt the stream or chat.
- Article system now on a CMS, WordPress. Simple login and creation of new articles (it’s essentially a blog system).
- User access system, we can now sign up writers who can post directly to the site (one click approval).
- Previous page required manual HTML edits, terribly slow workflow.
- Expect a metric asstonne more content through our site now!
- Automatic resizing of images.
- Article commenting via 3rd party social media (login with Facebook etc).
- Schedule to be completed and each show updated.
- Back end : Individual DJ login to the site. DJ’s can update their own bio, show name, show photo.
- Show profiles. Automatic recording and archiving of each shows timeslot on their own channel.
- DJ profiles. Links to social media, soundcloud mixes, etc. A one-stop-shop.
- Schedule notifications. Want to make sure you don’t miss your show? One click and we’ll send you a facebook reminder and hour before it starts.
- Chat room tie-in. Visit the site, create an account ONCE and we’ll automatically log you into the chatroom with your own nickname.
- Store tie-in. Tracks your purchases through our site and offers you discounts for being a loyal member.
- Category system. Only want to read tech articles? Pond Jams? International guests? One click and you’ll see an index!
- Infinite scrolling (no need to click “see more articles”)
- Bring back the local time/clock < ACCEPTED
- Suggestion : Tweet at Soundpond button for logged in twitter users < ACCEPTED
- Streamline chatroom colours < Accepted (Acted on 15/02, may take day to update).
- Reported 19/02
- Back end. No style formatting for quotation (Quote tags do nothing)
- Reported 18/02
- You can’t copy/paste the link to an article on facebook, link just goes to the front page, but removing the #/ in the article URL fixes this.
- Visiting Soundpond.net from iPhone used to redirect to mobile site, now goes to main site. Video does’t load, chat room bugs (have to scroll down to input text)
- M.soundpond.net should work for mobile visitors at the moment.
- Reported 15/02
- View All Article link doesn’t work if you come to the site via an article url (external link direct to article).
- Reported 14/02.
- Zooming out in browser breaks layout.
- Schedule system is not finished.
- Comment area is glitchy (comment system unfinished).
- Sometimes images will appear too large and glitch the layout.
- Not super mobile-friendly yet.
- No back button from articles.
- Hashbangs in urls, sometimes linking directly to an article won’t load it properly.
- Photo captions are not enclosed in photo frames, and don’t follow photo alignments.
Got an idea or feature you’d like to see on the site? Spotted a bug? Drop us a line at facebook.com/soundpond , twitter.com/soundpond , or email@example.com!
Design and coding donated to us by visualshift.com.au | Hosting provided at a sponsored rate by Skyrack!